International Service Learning (ISL)
ISL runs a range of medical programs for both students and professionals with focuses in global health, dentistry, medicine, nursing, optometry, pharmacy, and physical therapy.
- Belize, Colombia, Costa Rice, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Haiti, India, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Spain, Tanzania
Types of Opportunities
- Internships are available to medical students, nursing students and other related health professional students. ISL offers a range of placement focuses, including dental outreach, healthcare for recovering addicts, reproductive and sexual health, geriatric medicine, medical support at local hospitals and clinics, physical therapy, education and teaching and rural agricultural development.
- Medical programs involve multidisciplinary teams that help meet various community health needs
- Costs vary based on time commitment and location
- Some programs require some Spanish proficiency