FSD volunteers and student interns work with grassroots organizations to meet a range of community needs. Volunteer initiatives focus on education, environmental sustainability, financial inclusion, green energy, health, human rights, gender equity, sustainable livelihoods, and water and sanitation. FSD also offers a Spanish Immersion Program in Bolivia.
- Argentina, Bolivia, India, Kenya, Nicaragua, Uganda
The following opportunities are available for volunteers:
- International development internship: Students can apply to specific positions in a variety of disciplines, including advocacy work, education, public health, and economic development. Internships are a minimum of 9 weeks.
- Community based research: Researchers work side by side with community members to collect data and gain knowledge that will inform community action.
- ProCorps volunteer: Professionals with 5 or more years of experience in their field; past ProCorps volunteers have included corporate professionals, educators, public administrators, business owners, social workers, health professionals, nonprofit managers, and retirees.
- Spanish Immersion Program: This program is in conjunction with the international development internship program in Cochabamba, Bolivia. Both beginner and intermediate levels are offered.
- Fees vary depending on volunteer position, site location, and duration of travel. Click below for more detailed information:
- There are no requirements, but some Spanish proficiency is helpful