Surgical Eye Expeditions (SEE) International
Volunteer ophthalmic surgeons participate in small surgical mission teams to provide medical and educational services to underserved communities, helping to restore sight and prevent blindness.
- Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panama, Jamaica, Haiti, Dominican Republic
- Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia
- Liberia, Ghana, Nigeria, DR Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zimbabwe, Namibia
- Albania, Macedonia
- Lebanon, Tajikistan
- India, Cambodia, China, Vietnam, Philippines, Papua New Guinea
Types of Opportunities
- Ophthalmologists are needed to perform surgeries and to educate and promote skills exchange with local ophthalmologists
- Costs vary depending on site, but all volunteers must pay costs of airfare. Depending on the host site, volunteers may have to pay for accommodations, food, and transportation.
- No requirements