The Lamar Soutter Library’s physical space will be closed Tuesday, April 7 at 5 p.m. until further notice.
During this time there will be no access to the library’s physical space via card access. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Although our librarians will not be able to assist you in person, you can reach them directly through email, phone (see Contact Information below) or through the Ask a Librarian service. Library staff may suggest setting up a Zoom meeting with you to better understand your information needs.
If you have any questions or concerns about this change, please feel free to reach out to me directly via email: Mary.Piorun@umassmed.edu.
Our librarians have pulled together a collection of vetted and scholarly information on COVID-19 and emergency preparedness.
Mary Piorun, PhD
Director, Library Services
- Service Desk Voicemail: 508-856-6099
- Lamar Soutter Library Website: https://library.umassmed.edu/index
- Offsite Access: https://library.umassmed.edu/services/proxy
- Staff Directory: https://library.umassmed.edu/about/staff
- Ask a Librarian: https://library.umassmed.edu/ask-librarian
- COVID-19 and Emergency Preparedness Resources: https://libraryguides.umassmed.edu/preparedness
Access free or discounted internet/data during COVID-19 period
The Federal Communications Commission’s “Keep America Connected” initiative pledges to suspend common penalties and expand internet access across the U.S. Several internet and telecom service providers are committed to offering free access to the internet (via WiFi hotspot), discounted internet service and/or increased data allowances to ensure people can get online during this unprecedented time. To learn more, review offerings from the service providers below.