MTI works to serve people affected by disaster, conflict, and poverty around the world. It's priority programs focus on disaster response and refugee healthcare, healthy children and safe motherhood, healthcare and training supplies, and mobile dental clinics.
- Cambodia, Myanmar, Nepal, Romania
- Liberia, Uganda, Congolese and South Sudanese Refugees in Uganda
- Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras
- Syrian Refugee Relief in Lebanon
Types of Opportunities
- Humanitarian response roster: Volunteers provide rapid disaster response to vulnerable populations during and after a humanitarian emergency. Must be able to deploy within 24-72 hours notice, and spend 2-5 weeks on site.
- Direct medical services, support, and hands-on training to local staff at MTI clinics in refugee resettlements in Uganda (2017-2018)
- Costs vary depending on program
- Humanitarian response roster is funded by MTI, only personal costs and immunizations must be covered by the participant
- Uganda refugee resettlement clinic experience - projected cost is $2,150
- No requirements