MSF provides emergency medical care to people caught in crisis. The organization sends out medical teams when catastrophic events such as armed conflict, epidemics, malnutrition, or natural disasters overwhelm local health systems.
- MSF works in countries all over the globe. Currently, MSF has teams in Yemen, Central African Republic, Afghanistan, South Sudan, Syria.
Types of Opportunities
- Physicians, nurses, NPs, surgeons, midwives, anesthesiologists/anesthetists, mental health specialists pharmacists, obstetricians/gynecologists, lab technicians, epidemiologists
- A time commitment of 9-12 months minimum is required
- MSF provides round trip air tickets from home to mission, medical insurance, housing in the field, as well as a monthly stipend of approximately $2,000
- Volunteer staff are responsible for travel, visas, and vaccinations
- No requirements, but preference for the more competitive positions is currently given to Arabic and French speakers