The Medical Elective Network provides medical electives and medical Spanish immersion courses in South America, allowing healthcare professionals and students to take intensive Spanish while in structured clinical rotations.
Types of Opportunities
- Elective rotations for medical students exist at both government hospitals and NGO facilities. There are opportunities for Emergency Med, Pediatrics, Internal Medicine, Surgery Family Medicine, OBGYN, and ophthalmology among others. Clinical rotations take place in the morning 8-12, followed by 4 hours of intensive Spanish classes. Most elective rotations are one month long.
- Vary depending on duration of stay and whether student is doing a clinical rotation, medical classes, or the combined program.
- Generally, costs range between $845 and $3485; this covers the cost of medical Spanish courses, clinical experiences, room and board, transportation to and from the hospital, travel insurance, and additional activates (gym membership, salsa classes)
- For more information: https://medical-electives.net/pricing/
- No prior language requirement