There are some new and exciting classes and workshops being offered by the LSL librarians. These classes will explore different resources for searching and managing literature along with traditional and alternative metrics for measuring scholarship. Register for one or more now!
April 30, 2020 – 10:00am
- Altmetrics: This 60-minute class will provide instruction on traditional and alternative metrics for measuring scholarship. We will explore how we measure the reach of our scholarship and experiment with new tools that allow us to measure our impact in new ways.
- To register: https://umassmed.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJwkceyprj4iGtLHNk6dqfaP-6mRJfU8q6s-
- For more information, contact Tess.Grynoch@umassmed.edu
May 5, 2020 – 11:00am
- Zotero: This 60-minute class will introduce the Zotero citation manager, including multiple ways to import citations, how to use Zotero with Microsoft Word to create bibliographies, and how to use Zotero to connect with other researchers.
- To register: https://umassmed.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYtdemqrTIpH9wbLyuVwD6GDMmEQ_n3DqG1
- For more information, contact: Kimberly.MacKenzie@umassmed.edu
May 7, 2020 – 10:30am
- PubMed: PubMed is undergoing a design overhaul. This class will provide an overview of different approaches to searching PubMed.
- To register: https://umassmed.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJApcOqspz8jHNUQwWTodpPnoFXIdhe4jGfG
- For more information, contact Leah.Honor@umassmed.edu
May 14, 2020 – 10:00am
- EndNote: This 60-minute class will demonstrate how to set up a new library, how to import citations from MEDLINE, how to work with the citation style manager and how to add bibliographic references to a Microsoft Word document
- To register: https://umassmed.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIqf-Ghqz0iGt2uuy2F0xBwsmFa16_LunHZ
- For more information, contact Victoria.Rossetti@umassmed.edu
May 18, 2020 – 1:00pm
- Library 101: This class will provide an overview of LSL services, resources and how to access the electronic collection.
- To register: https://umassmed.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJclcuqrrz0vGNa4ptMYwGUYGLSCAHj79kMG
- For more information, contact Catherine.Carr@umassmed.edu