Electronic Resources Management Task Force (2004-2005)
Barb Ingrassia (Co-Chair), Mary Piorun (Co-Chair), Dorothy Barr, Marianne Brophy, Lonelyss Charles, Lisa Palmer, Robert Vander Hart
The charge of the Electronic Resources Management Task Force is to:
- Identify the various commercial products available for managing and accessing e-resources
- Investigate the various components and capabilities of each product and compare with current Library practices
- Evaluate the products against the Lamar Soutter Library's "electronic resource service goals"* and other criteria (i.e.: staff and patron interface, frequency of updates, price, compatibility with Voyager, etc.)
- Make recommendations for on-site demonstrations to the Librarians' Group and the Management Group
- Collect feedback and evaluate the demonstrations
- Compile a final report for the Librarians' Group and the Management Group
The list of products may include, but is not be limited to those offered by: SerialsSolutions, TDNet,
EBSCO Information Services, Endeavor Information Systems, and Thomson.
* The LSL Electronic Resource Service Goals are determined by The LSL's Mission, and discussions within the Librarians' Group and the Management Group.