Photocopying and Printing
Photocopying and Printing in the Library
- How much does printing and photocopying cost?
One-sided, black and white photocopying on 8.5" x 11" paper is $.20/sheet. We are trying to keep the cost we extend to the UMass community at an absolute minimum.
- How do I pay for my printing and photocopying?
You must purchase a Copy Data card from the dispenser located on the first floor of the library.
- How do I purchase new Copy Data cards?
- In Library Purchase - 1st Floor Dispenser: A credit card or $1 bill is required to purchase a card with $.60 value (the card itself costs $.40).
- Additional value can be added to cards using $1, $5, $10, or $20 bills.
- Please contact the library if you wish to order Copy Data cards directly or order in bulk.
- Once I have a card from the dispenser, or one ordered directly from Copy Data, may I add value to it?
Yes, value can be added at the dispensers in the library using cash or credit cards, but no receipt will be given.
- Can I use the same copy card that I use for photocopies and printing?
Yes, the Copy Data card can be used for both photocopying and printing.
- How do I print?
If you encounter problems, visit the Library Service Point (LSP).
- Where are the printers and photocopier?
Two printers and a photocopier are located on the 1st floor of the library.
- What happens if the printer or photocopier malfunctions while I'm using it?
Inform library staff at the LSP, who will immediately contact a Copy Data technician. The equipment will be repaired as soon as possible.
- What if a machine causes me to lose cash or value on my copy card, or my card ceases to function while I am printing?
Report the loss to LSP staff immediately.
- What happens if I make a mistake?
There are several opportunities to cancel a print job during the printing process:
- If, after you've sent a job to the Print Release Station you decide you don't want it, you don't have to do anything. Print jobs left unclaimed in the Print Release Station's print queue are deleted.
- If, once you're logged in at the Print Release Station you decide that you don't want a print job, you can click Logout to return to the Login screen and cancel your session.
- Copy Data does not offer refunds on print jobs mistakenly sent to a printer from the Print Release Station. To ensure that you get what you expect when printing, please use the Print Preview function available on most browsers and desktop software.
Last updated: 11/08/2016 15:25:10