Selected Online History of Medicine Resources
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Pediatric History Center
- American Antiquarian Society
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Special Collections
- Center for the History of Medicine (Countway Library, Harvard Medical School)
- Directory of History of Medicine Collections
- History of Medicine: A Scandalously Short Introduction (2nd ed. 2010) – Online version of book by Jacalyn Duffin. It has bibliography by topic and geography.
- History of Medicine Finding Aids Consortium
- History of the Health Sciences World Wide Web Links
- IndexCat – Comprehensive subject catalog of books, pamphlets, dissertations, reports and some journal articles published from the 1400s through 1950 and held by the National Library of Medicine.
- Medical Heritage Library
- Medical History for Travelers
- National Library of Medicine: History of Medicine Division
- National Library of Medicine: Images from the History of Medicine
- PubMed – The National Library of Medicine's biomedical database can be searched for your topic "and" history of medicine, or your topic with the history (hi) subheading. Also, searching for articles about leaders in your field (past or present) with their last name in the "personal name" field.
- Schlesinger Library (Radcliffe Institute, Harvard University)
- Sophia Smith Collection (Smith College)
- Tips on Writing, Footnotes, Endnotes and Bibliography
- Wellcome Images
- Wellcome Library