Grants and Funding Resources
Grants and Funding Resources
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Research Funding Services
Research Funding Services, a division of the Office of Research, provides a variety of services and sources for UMass Medical School faculty and department administrators. This office provides direction to funding opportunities and helps with all aspects of research administration. Research Funding Services also subscribes to COS (Community of Science) and offers search services to researchers.
- Grants.gov – A central storehouse for information on over 1,000 grant programs and access to approximately $400 billion in annual awards. By registering once on this site, your organization can apply for grants from 26 different Federal agencies.
- National Institutes of Health Grants & Funding Opportunities – Leads to information about NIH grant and fellowship programs (including the CRISP database), the Center for Scientific Review, NIH Contracts, The NIH Guide, and Research and Training Opportunities.
- National Science Foundation – An independent U.S. government agency responsible for promoting science and engineering through programs that invest over $3.3 billion per year in almost 20,000 research and education projects in science and engineering.
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) – A government-wide compendium of Federal programs, projects, services, and activities which provide assistance or benefits to the American public.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Funding and Procurement – Lists both CDC and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry grants and cooperative agreements.
- Department of Education – The Department awards grants and contracts to schools, school districts, researchers, and others to implement new methodologies, research effective practice, implement educational reform, and provide the Department goods and services.
- The Department of Energy - Office of Science (formerly Office of Energy Research) – Grants and Contracts website lists grant solicitation notices for colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, for-profit commercial organizations, foreign organizations, state and local governments, and unaffiliated individuals.
- Environmental Protection Agency – Research grants, graduate fellowships and contracts from EPA's National Center for Environmental Research.
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration - NASA Research News
- National Center for Research Resources – This National Institutes of Health site covers grants information strictly for NCRR.
- National Institute on Aging (NIA) – Supports research and research training related to aging. The Institute supports basic biological, neuroscientific, behavioral and social research on aging as well as intervention studies and clinical geriatric research.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology – NIST grants and awards supporting research at industry, academic and other institutions are available on a competitive basis through several different Institute offices.
- National Library of Medicine – The Extramural Programs Division of NLM provides a broad variety of grants to support research and development activities leading to the better management, dissemination, and use of biomedical knowledge.
- National Medal of Technology and Innovation – The highest honor for technological achievement bestowed by the President of the United States on America's leading innovators. The Medal is awarded annually to individuals, teams, companies or divisions of companies for their outstanding contributions to the Nation's economic, environmental and social well-being through the development and commercialization of technological products, processes and concepts; technological innovation; and development of the Nation's technological manpower.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – This site describes NOAA's major grant programs.
- Associated Grant Makers Directory
- Community of Science (COS) Funding Opportunities – The most comprehensive source of funding information available on the Web, with more than 22,000 records, representing over 400,000 funding opportunities, worth over $33 billion. Updated daily. Available only on campus or by proxy service.
- The Foundation Center – The mission of the Foundation Center is to foster public understanding of the foundation field by collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating information on foundations, corporate giving, and related subjects. Also available at this site is A Proposal Writing Short Course - an online grant writing tutorial.
- GrantsNet – A team effort of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Aimed at scientists in training--graduate students, postdocs, and junior faculty members—GrantsNet consists of a searchable database of biomedical funding options. Although searching is free, registration is required.
- SIGMA THETA TAU Nursing Honor Society Research Page – Includes links to scholarships, research publications, grants, etc., specifically aimed at Nursing.
- SRA's Grants Web – A nonprofit association dedicated to advancing the profession and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of research administration. SRA is the premier international organization for research administrators in all settings, on all levels, and in all fields.
Student Financial Aid
- U.S. Department of Education Funding Opportunities – Department guidelines, regulations and Federal Register documents to aid in applying for a grant or contract.
- FinAid - The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid – Provides a free, comprehensive, independent, and objective guide to student financial aid.
Last updated: 07/30/2014 10:45:39