e-Mental Health in Central Massachusetts
is a project administered by the Lamar Soutter Library
University of Massachusetts Medical School. Its goal is to utilize the power of the Internet to provide
mental health care providers and their clients with easier access to quality information regarding
mental health issues and local services. The project also makes available to our partnered agencies
access to resources at the Library including reference and document delivery services, as well as
training classes in searching and evaluating consumer health information on the Web.
Our website serves as a clearinghouse for information about local agencies providing mental health
services. It provides links to reputable sources where one can learn about a wide variety of mental
health disorders and/or conditions, clinical research, professional associations and educational
opportunities, and other related items. All links from our site have been critically evaluated and,
depending upon content, are geared towards the information needs of mental health care providers or
those utilizing their services.
The "Suggest a Site" feature allows users to contribute to our ongoing collection of sites and
information. We invite you to offer your comments and suggestions making our site better. Meeting your
information needs is our goal.
Our Core Values
- Current links to mental health care agencies and providers
- Reliable information on mental health topics
- Partnership with local resources
- Continuous maintenance and evaluation of web site
- Service to the Central Massachusetts community of mental health care providers and their
- Service to areas with limited access to mental health information resources
- To provide a web-based access point for quality-filtered and evidence-based mental health
information and local resources.
- To offer information skills training focusing on how to effectively search the Internet for
mental health information.
- To provide a professional reference and information resource and referral service to support
mental health consumers, providers, and agency staff.