Systematic reviews and meta-analyses of the literature that use specific methods and criteria to locate, appraise, and synthesize the
evidence from research studies. The reviews uncover the strengths and weaknesses of the evidence and identify gaps in current research.
Systematic Reviews (National Library of Medicine) – Provides specialized searches of the PubMed database to retrieve citations
identified as systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development conferences,
- PubMed Health (National Library of Medicine) – Provides summaries and
full-text of selected systematic reviews on the prevention and treatment of diseases and conditions.
- Campbell Collaboration Library of Systematic Reviews (The Campbell Collaboration) –
Systematic reviews on the effects of interventions within the areas of education, criminal justice, social welfare, and international development.
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination Databases (University of York, UK) –
Collection of searchable databases for systematic reviews, economic evaluations,
and health technology assessments from around the world.
- Cochrane Library (John Wiley and Sons)
– Collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and
a seventh database that provides information about groups in The Cochrane Collaboration. Access is restricted to UMMS/UMMHC users; non-UMMS users can freely access abstracts from the Cochrane Library.
(Evidence for Practice and Policy Information) Centre (Social Science Research Unit, Institute of
Education, University of London, UK) – Collection of searchable databases of reviews related to health promotion and
- Evidence Base (National Institute
for Health and Clinical Excellence, UK) – Evidence briefing papers and evidence reviews developed by the former Health
Development Agency, UK.
- Evidence Based
Health Promotion (Victorian State Government, Department of Human Services, Australia) – Series of reviews containing
current evidence and critical appraisal related to several public health topics.
- Health Evidence Bulletins Wales (Duthie Library, University of
Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK) – Collection of published documents outlining current clinical evidence for several
- Health Evidence (McMaster University) – Searchable registry of quality-rated systematic reviews evaluating the effectiveness of public health interventions.