Best Practices (Experience-Based)
Public health programs, interventions, and policies that have been evaluated, shown to be successful, and have the potential to be adapted and transformed by others working in the same field.
- Center of Excellence for Training and Research Translation (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) – Interventions and strategies on preventing and controlling obesity, heart disease and stroke, and other chronic diseases through nutrition and physical activity.
- Model Practice Database (National Association of County and City Health Officials) – Collection of projects from around the United States highlighting successful public health projects.
- National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP) (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) – Searchable online registry of interventions supporting mental health promotion, substance abuse prevention, and mental health and substance abuse treatment.
- Promising Practices Network (RAND Corporation) – Collection of summaries of successful projects, programs and practices addressing the needs of children and youth.
- Research-tested Intervention Programs (RTIPs) (National Cancer Institute) – Searchable database of cancer control interventions and program materials that have been shown to be effective, published in a peer-reviewed journal, and reviewed by a panel of experts in the field.
- Canadian Best Practices Portal (Public Health Agency of Canada) – Compendium of community interventions related to chronic disease prevention and health promotion that have been evaluated, shown to be successful, and have the potential to be adapted and replicated by other health practitioners working in similar fields.