About Evidence-Based Practice for Public Health
Evidence-based practice for public health involves using the best available evidence to make informed public health practice decisions. This website provides free online access to selected evidence-based public health (EBPH) resources, knowledge domains of public health, public health journals, and bibliographic databases. Selected EBPH resources are arranged along a pathway of evidence to allow public health practitioners to easily find and use the best evidence to develop and implement effective interventions, programs, and policies. The evidence-based pathway links to evidence-based guidelines, systematic reviews, filtered searches of the literature, and to best practices in public health.
The Evidence-Based Practice for Public Health (EBPPH) website is an outcome of the Evidence-Based Practice for Public Health Project, based at the Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA. The original project was funded by a cooperative agreement award from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Association of Teachers of Preventive Medicine. Current support is provided by the Lamar Soutter Library and the New England Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine.
For questions and comments about this website, please contact:
Public Health Coordinator
National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England Region
University of Massachusetts Medical School
222 Maple Ave.
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
- Link Selection Criteria – Criteria and definitions used to identify and select resources for this website.
- Project Background – Summary of the original research project, final report, and archived material from the Evidence-Based Practice for Public Health Project, 2001-2005.
- Publications and Presentations – Publications and presentations to professional organizations and government agencies about evidence-based practice for public health.
Continuing Education Courses
- Evidence-Based Public Health: Identifying and Using Information Resources – CT-RI Public Health Training Center (April 2012). View the recording of the webinar on TRAIN. New users must create an account to view the recording.
- Evidence-Based Public Health: Finding and Appraising Relevant Resources – Medical Library Association (MLA) Continuing Education Course (May 2004, April 2006, May 2010).
- Identifying Evidence-Based Resources in Public Health – Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs (AMCHP) Skills Building Workshop (March 2006).
- Cochrane Health Promotion and Public Health Field
- Evidence-Based Public Health Nursing
- Partners in Information Access for the Public Health Workforce